System Architecture Study Group
The System Architecture Study Group (SASG) is an active group of approximately 200 system architects. Members exchange experiences during regular meetings on system/software architecture.
The SASG goal is to share knowledge and best practices in system/software architecture (in particular for embedded systems and software- or technology-intensive systems) and to provide a platform for individual contacts between the members. The meetings are highly interactive and call upon everyone's experience, expertise, education etc.
- Meetings are organised three times a year, sometimes in collaboration with other parties.
- Full day meetings: 09:00 - 17:00.
- A typical meeting agenda:
- morning: 2 seed presentations, discussions in small groups, plenary feedback session
- afternoon: 2 seed presentations, discussions in small groups, plenary feedback session, company tour
- Members act as local hosts, so meeting locations vary
- Roughly one month before the meeting all members receive an invitation. Those who want to attend have to sign up for the meeting.
- To ensure that the meetings can be highly interactive, the maximum number of attendees per meeting is set to ca. 35.
- In case of over-application, the SASG steering committee determines a fair representation for each company (where the 'first come, first served' principle is used per organisation).
The ambition is an even distribution of members: members of multiple companies and per company multiple employees of multiple groups/disciplines. To apply for membership:
You fit the following profile: professionally active in the field of system architecture (in the embedded systems domain) and willing to share your knowledge in an active setting.
You send a resume/CV of about ½ A4 and a short motivation (why you want to participate and what your contribution will be) and – if possible – a reference
Send your application to: email@example.com
Note that membership is a prerequisite but not a guarantee of being able to join an SASG meeting.
As a rule, the SASG meetings are planned on the first Tuesday of February, June and October.
The upcoming meetings are scheduled for:
- 4 June 2019
- 1 October 2019
- 4 February 2020
- 2 June 2020
- 6 October 2020
- 2 February 2021
- 1 June 2021
- 5 October 2021
Topics of previous meetings
A selection of presentations from previous SASG meetings is listed here.
The presentations on this list are public but may not be distributed to other parties.
SASG community on LinkedIn
Only SASG members are allowed to join the SASG community on LinkedIn.
+31 (0)88 866 54 20
“I like puzzles; one of the puzzles I like is trying to figure out what models people use, often unwittingly, to interact with the world around them.”